10 dangers of not forgiving
When you do not forgive, something bad happens in the spiritual realm. Below I give 10 dangers of not forgiving.
- By refusing to forgive, you will be disobeying what our Lord Jesus Christ told us to do.
“For if you forgive [a]others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins], your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 But if you do not forgive others [nurturing your hurt and anger with the result that it interferes with your relationship with God],
then your Father will not forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15
2. When you refuse to forgive, you will annoy God.
3. When you refuse to forgive, you cease to be a true child of God.
4. When you refuse to forgive, you will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
5. When you refuse to forgive, you may fail to enter Heaven.
Refusal to forgive may drive you into Hell.
6. When you refuse to forgive, you will open a door for other demons to enter your life.
You will be tormented further by spirits of anger, bitterness, gluttony, violence, and various diseases.
7. When you refuse to forgive, you will be kept in bondage.
“Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold[a] was brought to him. 25 Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
26 “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ 27 The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.
28 “But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins.[b] He grabbed him and began to choke him. ‘Pay back what you owe me!’ he demanded.
29 “His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay it back.’
30 “But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31 When the other servants saw what had happened, they were outraged and went and told their master everything that had happened.
32 “Then the master called the servant in. ‘You wicked servant,’ he said, ‘I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33 Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?’ 34 In anger his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.
35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
8. You will keep the other person in bondage.
9. You will become sick.
Satan will torment you with sickness resulting from demonic oppression.
10. You will invite curses upon your life. These curses will hinder your development.