1. All Scripture in the Old and New Testaments was inspired by God.
2 Timothy 3:16 says:
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness“
3. We have to keep on referring to the Old Testament in order to understand the New Testament.
4. Jesus himself frequently referred and is still referring to the Scriptures in the Old Testament.
“For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.”
6. The Old Testament has many prophecies, some of which are not yet fulfilled.
7. God is daily still talking to us individually through very many Old Testament Scriptures.
8. The Old Testament has very many acts of God that we refer to for building our faith.
10. The Old Testament has some explanations to today’s events that are not explained in the New Testament.
For example, the Book of Job clearly shows us that Satan can actually go into God;s heavenly presence, something not clearly shown in the New Testament.