6 dangers of much sleep
Sleep is good for your health but it becomes dangerous when it becomes much. By much I mean going to bed and never waking up at any point in the night to pray. Below I give 6 dangers of too much sleep.
- The sleep state is the weakest point at which Satan and demons can attack you. By sleeping too much you are giving the Devil and demons an opportunity to attack you. Nowhere in the Bible is this truth more elucidated than in the case of King Saul. Instead of waking up in the night to pray, King Saul and all his body guards went into deep sleep! 1 Samuel 26:7-8 says:
“So David and Abishai went to the army by night, and there was Saul,
lying asleep inside the camp with his spear stuck in the ground near his head.
Abner and the soldiers were lying around him.
8 Abishai said to David, “Today God has delivered your enemy into your hands.
Now let me pin him to the ground with one thrust of the spear; I won’t strike him twice.”
2. Demons find it difficult to manipulate you when you are awake.
They mainly manipulate you in dreams when you are sleeping. By sleeping a lot you increase the chances of Satanic manipulations through dreams.
3. By sleeping a lot, you are cutting down your prayer time.
Jesus told his disciples in Mathew 26:41 that:
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
If God blessed King Solomon in a dream, then know that Satan can steal your blessings in a dream.
“I have also given you what you have not asked, both wealth and honor, so that there will not be anyone equal to you among the kings, for all your days. 14 If you walk in My ways, keeping My statutes and My commandments, as your father David [a]did, then I will lengthen your days.”
15 Then Solomon awoke, and he realized that it was a dream. He came [back] to Jerusalem and stood before the ark of the covenant of the Lord; he offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and he prepared a feast for all his servants.”
5. Sometimes Satan attacks by calling souls of sleeping Christians to his meetings.
Satan may call your soul to his meetings when you are sleeping. When you sleep too much, you may increase the chances of your soul participating in Satanic meetings.
“Saul then instructed his aides to try to find a medium so that he could ask her what to do,
and they found one at Endor.
Saul disguised himself by wearing ordinary clothing instead of his royal robes.
He went to the woman’s home at night, accompanied by two of his men.
“I’ve got to talk to a dead man,” he pleaded. “Will you bring his spirit up?”
6. Satan wants to contaminate the lives of Christians as they sleep.
The Devil and demons do this by feeding your soul with defiled food, and sexual activity with demons and the dead. All this is done through dreams as you sleep. The more you sleep, the higher chances of Satan contaminating your soul.