7 reasons for Christians to honor Sundays.
Some Christians have brought forward justifications for neglecting Sunday as a holy day. They continue working as on other normal days.
Below I give 7 reasons for all Christians to honor Sundays.
1. It is God’s command.
If you are not a Seventh Day Adventist, all other Christians in the world have declared Sunday as the day of Sabbath. God commanded:
“8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.” Exodus 20:8-11
2. Most governments all over the world have set aside Sunday as a rest day.
If worldly people have honored Sunday, how will God judge Christians who violate this holy day?
3. We set aside Sunday as a rest day in remembrance of the rest day God had after creation.
As we honor Sundays, we remember what our Father in heaven did after the six day’s of creation. Exodus 20:8-11.
4. Sunday has been set aside as a day for Church services all over the world.
This day gives you an opportunity to go and attend church services.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching” Hebrews 10:25
5. Sunday is the best day for activities to promote God’s Kingdom.
7. Sunday gives Christians to refill spiritually in preparation for the coming six working days.
Leave a Reply