Train your child in Gods ways
Basis of this message
This post is based on what God said in Proverbs 22:6
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
My personal story
I grew up in a non-Christian home and my parents passed away when I was very young. The Devil had plans to totally wipe me up like he did to my parents but God had good plans for me. At the age of 8 I was taken to a primary school built and managed by the Anglican Church. What I liked most in this school were the Bible stories read to our class every Friday morning. I was always fascinated by the power of God shown in the Bible stories like that of Moses and the miracles he performed in Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, David and Goliath, Jesus feeding the 5,000, and many others. I did not know that God was planting a seed within my soul that germinated when I grew up. This early training led me to receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at 25 years of age. After my salvation, God assigned me the ministry of writing for His Kingdom.
How to train your child in God’s ways
- Go to church together with your child. Teach your child to honor Sundays always.
- Pray together with your child.
- Teach your child how to pray, starting with the Lord’s prayer.
- Ask your child to pray for food before eating.
- Buy your child a picture Bible picture stories in the Bible will excite your child and build up his faith in God and Jesus.
- Buy your child Biblical movies like “Prince of Egypt“
- Teach your child to tell the truth always. Discipline your child for telling lies.
- Tech your child to give offerings in the church.
- Teach your child to tithe.
- Teach your child to respect parents.
- Let your marriage be an example to your child.