By: Makko Musagara
10 ways to bless your parents
It is written in the Scriptures that:
“Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” Ephesians 6:2-3.
Below I give 10 ways to bless your parents.
1. Contributing to their feeding.
2. Buying them clothing and bedding.
3. Contributing to their electricity and fuel needs.
Read: How to help an elderly parent pay bills.
4. Contributing to their domestic water needs.
5. Contributing to their housing needs.
Read: Meeting the housing needs of an aging population.
6. Contributing to their medical bills.
Read how elderly couple committed suicide due to high medical bills.
7. Contributing to their security needs.
Read: Best security devices for seniors.
8. Inviting God’s ministers to fellowship and pray with them.
Read about spiritual care and support for seniors.
9. Visiting them regularly.
Read: Why it’s important to visit your elderly parents.
Below is a check-list when visiting your aging parents:
Physical and mental health
- Have they lost weight or do they seem more frail?
- Do they have trouble having normal conversations?
- Do you notice any strange new behaviors like repeating stories or being unusually confused about simple things?
- Are they squinting or tripping over things much more than usual?
- Are their driving skills the same as before? Do you feel safe when they drive you around?
- Are there any unexplained dents or scratches on the car?
- Have you heard about any traffic tickets?
- Do they still do the activities they used to enjoy?
- Are they reluctant to leave the house?
- Are they keeping up with their usual friends and community organizations?
- Is the house messier or dirtier than normal?
- Is there a lot of unopened mail? Are unpaid bills lying around?
- Are there broken household items like clogged drains, burned out light bulbs, or broken appliances?
- Is the refrigerator stocked with fresh foods they normally eat?
- Is there moldy or expired food around?
- Are there burned pots and pans or burn marks on the floors or counters?
- Are there any new medications, vitamins, or supplements you haven’t seen before?
- Is their medication organized so it’s easy to take the correct dose at the correct time?
- Are expired medications mixed up with current ones?
10. Bless your parents with cash.
Alexander Jacques Sabucido
This 10 ways would be a big help for you to bless your parents. Thanks for sharing this great article.
Well, this substance has only blown up my thoughts!
So many interesting facts and critical instances that I am astonished and extremely pleased with the information you give us.
The topic is burning as well, so I suggest I will read it two.
Last but not the least is that I can share this information with friends of mine and get their enjoyment from the specified substance also.
Allow such advice be!
You are welcome Elena. God will richly reward you in Heaven if you bless your parents.