Dear reader, some people run away or disappear when called to serve in ministry. This article presents 10 dangers of refusing to answer God’s call to serve.
1. You will be disobeying God, just as Jonah did.
The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.
3 But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord
2. You will become a rebel in God’s Kingdom.
God will take your rebellion like the sin of divination:
For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
he has rejected you as king.
3. Enemies will rise up against you.
The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth.
4. Your rebellion will open a door for Satan and demons to torment you.
5. Your family will suffer a lot because of your disobedience.
6. Many other people will suffer because of your disobedience.
Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.5 All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.
7. Many unsaved souls will be kept in bondage because of your disobedience to serve.
8. Many unsaved souls may die and go Hell because of your disobedience.
9. God’s Kingdom will suffer because of your rebellion.
10. Disobeying God may lead to your death, and your perishing into Hell.