10 reasons to fear Hell
10 reasons to fear Hell
If you asked me about the number one fear I have in my life, I will tell you, without any thoughtful hesitation, that I fear Hell most. Every Christian must do so. And if you fear Hell, then you will always keep way from sin. Below I give 10 reasons to fear Hell.
1. Hell is real. Do not be deceived that Hell does not exist.
2. Hell is too hot. I cannot compare the measurable temperatures on Earth with the high temperatures of Hell. Probably we are talking of temperatures of over 1,000,000 Centigrade (1,800,000 F).
3. Hell is everlasting. It is not a one year, or a million year phenomenon. You stay in Hell for ever and ever!.
4. The stench in Hell is unbearable. If God can open for you the gate to hell for only one second, the stench can choke you for a thousand years.
5. Hell is full of torment.. Millions of demons dwell in Hell to torment those who are thrown there.
6. Hell torment is worse for individuals who were strong in Christ but fell away.
7. Hell is full of scorching thirst. If you want to experience this thirst read Luke 16:19-31
“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ 25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ 27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
8. Hell is full of cries for mercy.
9. No one can rescue you out of Hell.
10. Only one “simple” sin may lead you to Hell.