It is written in the Scriptures that (Jeremiah 17:5-8) :
5 This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord. 6 That person will be like a bush in the wastelands; they will not see prosperity when it comes. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives.
7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. 8 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
Below I give 8 Dangers of trusting man, rather than God.
1. It is a curse to put your trust in man, rather than God.
2. Man keeps on changing but God is always faithful to His promises (Deuteronomy 7:9).
3. Man passes away but God is eternal.
It is written in the Scriptures (Deutronomy 33:27) that:
“The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!“
4. Your life and future are in God’s hands, not man’s (Psalm 31:15)
5. All human help is useless (Psalm 60:11)
6. Human power is deceptive. The Bible says in Isaiah 31:1
“Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help,
who rely on horses,
who trust in the multitude of their chariots
and in the great strength of their horsemen,
but do not look to the Holy One of Israel,
or seek help from the Lord.“
7. You actually look like a fool if you trust in man, not God. Proverbs 28:26 says:
“Those who trust in themselves are fools,
but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe“
8. Trusting in man will keep you in bondage while trusting in God keeps you free.
It’s a very good message for spiritual growth